Expression of Interest to be part of the Canadian Delegation to AIDC
Ontario Creates is excited to be collaborating with the Australian International Documentary Conference (AIDC) to bring a nation-wide delegation of producers to Australia’s premier event for documentary, factual and interactive content.
The event takes place from Sunday March 1 to Wednesday March 4, 2020 in Melbourne, Australia.
The delegation is designed to facilitate cross-cultural collaboration between Canadian and Australian producers working across the documentary, factual and interactive non-fiction landscape with a goal towards enhancing new co-production opportunities between the two countries.
Tailored activities for Canadian producers participating in the delegation will take place from Saturday February 29 to Thursday March 5. Arrival to Melbourne is recommended to take place on Friday February 28 and staying until Friday March 6. A reciprocal Australian delegation to Hot Docs, Toronto, is planned to take place in May 2020.
In order to ensure a strong Canadian presence, Ontario Creates is inviting all provinces to consider supporting Canadian practitioners to participate by taking advantage of the discounts and opportunities AIDC will be providing Canadian delegates.
All delegation members from across Canada will be offered a 25% discount off their registration to AIDC, and can select between two pass types:
- All-Access Pass (designed for independent producers): Original price AUD $900 ex GST. Delegation price AUD $681.00 ex GST.
- Gold All-Access Pass (designed for decision-makers and companies who want a tailored AIDC experience) – AUD $1225 ex GST Delegation price AUD $900.00 ex GST.
All delegation members from Canada will be offered a 10% discount on accommodation with AIDC partner hotels while attending AIDC in Melbourne (while accommodation remains available).
In addition, AIDC will support all delegation members by:
- coordinating the registration process and assist with booking discounted accommodation for the delegation (while accommodation lasts);
- providing complimentary links to Canadian producers to participate in AIDC’s The FACTory Pitching Forum (applications for this close on 11:59 PM on Friday 13 December AEDT with participants confirmed by mid-January 2020 – no need to register to apply);
- offering all producers involved in the delegation the opportunity to participate in our curated marketplace Cut to the Chase (the delegate must be registered and apply by 11:59 PM on Wednesday 5 February 2020 AEDT);
- assisting with advice for visas to travel to Australia.
A CANADIAN SPOTLIGHT
In addition to the above offerings, AIDC will provide a tailored program at the event designed to shine a spotlight on the Canadian delegation presence. This includes:
- An invitation-only Australian/Canadian co-production lab for up to twenty Canadian & Australian producers (29 February – 1 March 2020);
- Producer-to-producer speed meetings for Canadian producers to present information on their companies and meet with Australian producers during the conference;
- A “Focus on Canada” program including Australian and Canadian decision-makers to provide insight on co-production opportunities.
- A “Meet the Canadians” Breakfast (presented by Ontario Creates).
HOW TO APPLY
Ontario Creates is currently inviting Expressions of Interest from producers who have projects that could be suitable for collaboration within the Australian industry. Interested producers should submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) via e-mail to email@example.com by 5:00 pm October 10, 2019.
The Expression of Interest should include:
- a corporate bio and/or a producer’s bio
- an outline for the proposed project(s), including relevance to the Australian market, potential for the project as a co-production, current development and financing status and any packaging attachments
- a budget for proposed travel and for participation in AIDC
- a cover e-mail outlining interest in and objectives for participating in the mission
Ontario Creates, in collaboration with provincial funding bodies, will make decisions on selected producers in early November, 2019. Please note that travel to Australia requires a visa. Accepted delegates are responsible for their own travel and visa arrangements and must be able to attend the key dates of February 29 – March 5, 2020.
Successful BC producers selected for the delegation can qualify for travel support through the Passport to Markets program. Estimated amount of support is up to $2000 per producer.FURTHER INFORMATION
For more information about this opportunity, please contact AIDC or Ontario Creates:
ONTARIO CREATES AIDC
Erin Creasey Alice Burgin
+1 416 642 6613 +61 417 375 096
For more information about Passport to Markets, please contact:
Christine Chiu Nashlyn Lloyd